By using Tuti you can create beautiful annotated presentations and link content in other websites as well. In this post you will learn how you can create a beautiful online presentation on Tuti.
Sign up for your free Tuti account
Before getting started make sure you have created an account on Tuti. Creating an account on Tuti is free and you don’t need to provide any credit card details. Plus even with free account you will be able to create several presentations for free.
Login to your Tuti account
If you already have a Tuti account or you have created your account on Tuti, login to your Tuti account.
Create a new presentation
When you login you will be greeted to the dashboard, this is the place where you can see all your presentations, flashcards, polls, whiteboards etc.
Since this is about creating a presentation, start by creating a new presentation by clicking New presentation button next to your profile picture.
Welcome to your canvas
You canvas is the place where you can create a new presentation. An empty canvas will look something like this.
Today for this tutorial I will be creating a presentation called Our solar system
Let’s get started by changing our title,
- You can simply change the title from the top bar
Change the background
- You can also upload a background image or change the background colour through the top bar
- Click the image icon on the top bar and the file upload section will appear
- Select the file you want to use as the background image, or else drag and drop the file to the upload area.
- You can also change the canvas colour by using the colour picker from the top bar
- Click the menu icon at the right corner of the navigation bar in your Tuti canvas
- This will open a sidebar
- Currently the name of the new presentation is Untitled, let’s change that by giving it a new name called Our solar system.
- And for our presentation we also need to add a background image.
- You can easily change the background image of your presentation by dragging and dropping an image on to the background section of your sidebar, or click on the background image uploading square and you will be able to select a new image for your background.
- I have found a beautiful image of the solar system with all its planets, so I have selected it as my slide’s background image.
- In this picture I have already added the annotations, but don’t worry, you will soon learn how you can add annotations.
Create an annotation on Tuti
- Once you changed the background image or colour (it’s not mandatory to have a background image or change your background colour) you can start adding annotations to the image.
- Creating an annotations is simple
- To add an annotation click anywhere you want to put the annotation.
- As soon as you click on the area where you want to add the annotation, this popup will come up.
- The annotation title is a piece of text that you would like to show as the title of your annotation/note.
- The annotation content is a summery or something that you would like to show when someone clicks on the annotation.
- You can put a link to an image that you can show to the views on the annotation when someone clicks to open the annotation.
- You can also put a link to more content that gives additional information other than what you have given in the content section.
- I will create a new annotation about astroids
- I have created a new annotation about astroids that would look like this.
- Once you created the annotation, make sure you save the annotation by clicking the Save annotation button
- Once you saved the annotation, a notification will tell you that you have successfully saved the annotation.
- Just like that I have created annotations about all the planets, and also I have added some interesting details about the solar system to my presentation.
Preview your work
- You can also see how your presentation will look in real life by clicking the Preview button on the top of your screen.
- To open an annotation simple click on an annotation, and it will open the annotation with the details you have given.
- Students can read more by clicking the Read more button
- Click the Edit button to go back to the editing mode
- Once you are done, make sure you click the Save button on the top of your screen.
- It will save your whole presentation and publish it on the internet.
- Do back to your dashboard, and there you will be able to see the presentation you just created.
- Click on the name of the presentation, or the view button to open the presentation for viewing.
- You can share the link of your presentation with your students so they can easily see what you have created.